This new role would be ideal for an individual who is looking to work within our contracts department and would suit someone who is able to work on their own initiative, as well as within a close-knit team.
- Produce CAD drawings.
- Produce estimates & quotations.
- Prepare sales layout drawings.
- Amend drawings to reflect clients’ alterations and re-issue for approval.
- Obtain written confirmation from client to enable manufacture to commence.
- Liaising with customers and account managers to ensure all complexities of each project are fully understood.
- Update drawing for numbering and site plans.
- Update drawing post works order issue.
Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure specific customer requests are visible, understood and communicated to all teams.
Work Experience & Key Skills Required
- Experience of working in an estimating role is essential.
- Experienced in AutoCAD; Word; Excel and project tools.
- The ability to read, understand and translate technical drawings for quoting/costing purposes.
- The role will be predominantly office based with site visits as required.
- Experience of working to deadlines and prioritising workloads for self and others.
- Liaise with customers to obtain required specifications.
- Take architectural specifications from concept through to completion.
- Forge key relationships with internal staff and external customers & suppliers.
- Liaise with Account Managers to ensure customer deadlines are achieved escalating as appropriate to ensure customer expectations are achieved & all complexities of each contract is fully understood and communicated to the administration & manufacturing team.
- Full Driving Licence would be preferred.
- Competent CAD Designer with confident MS office skills.
- Understanding of manufacturing procedures
- Effective time management – able to work to deadlines
- Work collaboratively with internal and external customers including Architects, Main Contractors, Suppliers and Distributors.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Must possess good attention to detail.
- Good team player, but able to work unsupervised if required
- Fusion 360 knowledge would be beneficial
- Range £23k- £25k depending on experience
- Workplace pension
- 22 days holiday
- Work based training
- Friday breakfast
- Job Type: Full-time Monday – Friday, 9am – 5:30pm.