Recent reports have shown that office space can be costing businesses in excess of £120 per square foot every year in major cities around the UK. With space being such an important commodity in the modern workplace, it is important to make the most of the area you have available. With this fact in mind, it is shocking that more than 25% of workplace lockers go unused! On top of this, most offices continue to spend a significant amount of time and money maintaining these lockers.
In recent times, many businesses are realising the benefits of hybrid work styles and progressing smart workplaces. For a lot of these businesses, the result has been downsizing their physical footprint, with only a portion of the workforce actually in the office. This does mean that for every person to have their own locker, there is going to be a lot of unused or wasted space every day. This makes conventional lockers more of a burden than an asset. Fortunately, there are solutions out there. This is where smart locker systems come in. They allow your employees to move freely throughout the office space while saving time for your admin and facilities teams.
Smart Locker Benefits for Business Owners/ Managers:
- Benefit from long-term cost savings.
- Improve staff productivity and potentially well-being.
- Optional service level agreements.
- Our knowledge to support your business case.
- Reduce the amount of floor space dedicated to storage.
- Save management time.
- Support hot-desking, flexible and hybrid working practices.
Advantages of Smart Lockers for Architects and Designers:
- A single point of contact for your project.
- An in-house experienced design team to realise your vision.
- Bespoke locker design options.
- Extensive choice of colour, wood and finishes.
- Locks can be used on a variety of storage products.
- Opportunity to re-configure or add new banks of storage in the future. (See more of this on our website through our Online Configurator)
Smart Locker Key Features for Facility Managers:
- No more hassle with keys, batteries or PINs – saving management time.
- Personal lockers, team lockers, visitor lockers; everything is configurable.
- Real-time view of locker usage with available reports and log files.
- Safe and secure, fully compliant with GDPR standards.
- User-friendly cloud software – the manager can control lockers remotely.
Employee Benefits for Smart Lockers:
- Charge a smartphone or tablet with the integrated USB port in the Simplicity smart lock.
- Easy and safe storage wherever they are and whenever they want.
- Effective remote support when the badge is lost or forgotten.
- Self-service storage system: Use the company access card or smartphone to control the lockers.
At Your Workspace our skilled team manage your locker project from initial idea to installation and beyond. If you want a complete smart storage solution get in touch, we’ll be happy to talk you through our process and give you a quotation for your specific project.